Business Intelligence Presentation
The information in this chapter is for reference to highlight the integration points between BI Publisher and the Oracle BI Enterprise Edition.
You may need to reference this information in the following scenarios:
- You are upgrading from a 10 release to the 11 release
- You are running a separate installation of BI Publisher and wish to integrate it
- You need to modify the installed configuration
The points of integration discussed in this chapter are:
- Connecting to Oracle BI Server as a data source
- Configuring BI Publisher to use the Oracle BI Presentation Catalog
- Configuring integration with Oracle BI Presentation Services
Oracle BI Publisher must be installed on the same server with the other components of Oracle BI Enterprise Edition.
The security configuration must be either Oracle Fusion Middleware security or Oracle BI Server security.
Configuring BI Publisher to Use the Oracle BI Presentation Catalog
To manually configure BI Publisher to use the Oracle BI Presentation Catalog, perform the following:
- On the Server Configuration page in the Catalog region, select Catalog Type: Oracle BI Presentation Catalog
- Enter the following:
Server Version - v6
- System Username
BISystemUser is a fixed user created during installation for trusted communication between components.
- System Password
Enter the password for BISystemUser.
- Connection Protocol - TCP
- Click Test Connection to ensure BI Publisher can connect to Oracle BI Presentation Services.
- Enter the path of the current BI Publisher repository.
- Click Upload to BI Presentation Catalog. This will upload the contents of your BI Publisher catalog to the BI Presentation catalog.
- Restart the BI Publisher application.
You might also like
IIFL Holdings jumps on receiving Sebi nod for investment advisory services — Business Standard
With this, IIFL Holdings would be offering a wide range of investment and financial advisory services to corporate and institutional clients.
Sarah Oberhofer Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial — Brookfield Elm Grove Now
Brokerage, investment and financial advisory services are made available through Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc. Member FINRA and SIPC. © 2014 Ameriprise Financial, Inc. All rights reserved.
Capital Intelligence Raises the Ratings of Gulf Finance House BSC — MENAFN.COM
Being a wholesale entity, the company has no official lender of last resort.