Slide presentation of data Warehouse
Modern Data Warehousing
The traditional data warehouse has served us well for many years,but new trends are causing it to break in four different ways: data growth,fast query expectations from users,non-relational/unstructured data,and cloud-born data. How can you prevent this from happening? Enter the modern data warehouse,which is able to handle and excel with these new trends. It handles all types of data (Hadoop),provides a way to easily interface with all these types of data (PolyBase),and can handle “big data” and provide fast queries. Is there one appliance that can support this modern data warehouse? Yes! It is the Analytics Platform System (APS) from Microsoft (formally called the Parallel Data Warehouse or PDW),which is a Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) appliance that has been recently updated (v2 AU1). In this session I will dig into the details of the modern data warehouse and APS. I will give an overview of the APS hardware and software architecture,identify what makes APS different,and demonstrate the increased performance. In addition I will discuss how Hadoop,HDInsight,and PolyBase fit into this new modern data warehouse.
James is currently a Senior Business Intelligence Architect/Developer and has over 20 years of IT experience. James started his career as a software developer,then became a DBA 12 years ago,and for the last five years he has been working extensively with Business Intelligence using the SQL Server BI stack (SSAS,SSRS,and SSIS). James has been at times a permanent employee,consultant,contractor,and owner of his own business. All these experiences along with continuous learning has helped James to develop many successful data warehouse and BI projects. James has earned the MCITP Business Developer 2008,MCITP Database Administrator 2008,and MCITP Database Developer 2008,and has a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering. His blog is at .
You might also like
Anker® 40W 5-Port Family-Sized Desktop USB Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 5s 5c 5; iPad Air mini; Galaxy S5 S4; Note 3 2; the new HTC One (M8); Nexus and More (White)
Wireless (Fantasia Trading LLC)
- PowerIQ technology maximizes compatibility with Android, Apple and other devices by enabling charging speeds of up to 8 amps among 5 ports or 2.4 amps per port.
- The size of a deck of playing cards (3.6 × 2.3 × 1.0in / 9.1 × 5.8 × 2.5cm) and unibody design for added portability.
- Industrial-grade materials and premium circuitry ensure lifetime reliability.
- 100-240 volt input ideal for international travel.
- Package contents: Anker® 40W 5-Port Wall Charger, 5ft / 150cm detachable power cord, welcome guide, 18-month hassle-free warranty.
The Guinness World Record for the Largest Data Warehouse: A Q&A with Tom .. — B-EYE-Network
Business unIntelligence—Insight and Innovation Beyond Analytics and Big Data Summary Is there still a need for the data warehouse? In this excerpt from his new book, Barry Devlin looks at why the data warehouse can no longer retain its old role of ..
Anker® 2nd Gen Astro Mini 3200mAh Ultra-Compact Portable Charger Lipstick-Sized External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 5s 5c 5 4S, Galaxy S5 S4 S3 Note 3, 4, Nexus 4, HTC One M8, Nokia Lumia 520, 1020 and Other Smartphones (Black)
- The Anker® Advantage: Join the 6 million+ powered by Amazon s #1 charging brand.
- Exclusive PowerIQ™ Technology: Detects your device to deliver its fastest possible charge speed up to 1 amp.
- High Capacity: Add one and a half charges (over 7 hours talktime) to an iPhone 5s, almost one full charge to a Galaxy S5 or one full charge (70+ hours of audio playback)...
- Ultra Compact: Our original lipstick-shaped aluminum design (3.5 × 0.9 × 0.9in, 2.7oz). Recharges in 3-4 hours with a 0.8 amp adapter (not included) and the included...
- What You Get: Anker® 2nd Generation Astro Mini 3200mAh External Battery, Micro USB cable, travel pouch, welcome guide, our fan-favorite 18-month warranty and friendly...
Optoma EH500 1080p 4700 Lumen Full 3D DLP Network Projector with HDMI
CE (OPTOMA TECHNOLOGY)
- Native 1080p high-definition resolution for crystal clear presentations
- 4700 lumens bright output makes it ideal for use in large screen applications
- Latest image controller technology and Full 3D compatibility for the most amazing immersive experiencer
- Over the network management and control capability makes it the perfect projector for large installations
ROBERTSON 2P20067 PSP242TRMVW/S Quik-Pak of 10 eBallast, Program Start, 1 or 2 Lamp, 4 Pin CFL (CFTR42W/GX24q), HPF, 120-277Vac.
Home Improvement (Robertson Worldwide)
- Equivalent to: Fulham RH4-UNV-242-K, RH4-UNV-242-C, Keystone KTEB-242T-UV-TP-PSD-NL
- Program Start, 1 or 2 Lamp, 4 Pin CFL (CFQ42W/GX24q), HPF,120-277Vac., -30C Min Start Temp
- Also offered as a single quantity by ordering the ROBERTSON 3P20067 PSP242TRMVW/S
- Take advantage of ROBERTSON s 60 years of electronic design and quality manufacturing experience.
- Commerical grade. FIVE year warranty. Go to ROBERTSONDirect.com for complete technical data.
Anker® 2nd Gen Astro 6000mAh External Battery Pack with PowerIQ™ Technology 2A Output Portable USB Charger Power Bank for Smart Devices (Green)
- - PowerIQ™ technology maximizes compatibility with Android, Apple or other devices by enabling charge speeds of up to 2 amps.
- - 6 mAh capacity and an efficiency rate 10% above previous generation Astros and standard alternatives charges the iPhone 3 times and the Galaxy S4 almost twice.
- - Shake to start charge or display remaining power level on the ultra-low consumption 10-LED power meter (1 shakes consume less than 1%).
- Sturdy construction and matte finish withstand bumps and drops. Grade A cells and premium chips ensure reliability. Input: 5V / 1.2A; Use a 1.2A adapter (not included)...
- - Package contents: Anker® 2nd Generation Astro External Battery, micro USB cable, welcome guide.