Website for Management Information Systems
Why Minor in Management Information Systems (MIS)?
- Management Information System (MIS) is a discipline and a profession that brings Information Technology (IT) to businesses.
- MIS uses IT to: plan, manage, create and innovate; analyze and solve real business problems; give competitive advantages to businesses.
- In the Information age, MIS will give a well-rounded skill set that will serve as a great base for launching your career.
- The MIS Minor will teach you to communicate Information Technology and align it with business concepts and solutions intelligently, to address problems analytically and develop appropriate solutions.
- A minor in MIS enables you to specify, select, utilize, and apply Information Technology (IT) to your major field of study.
- You will learn the skills and terminology needed to become an expert user of IT in the business world, to find IT solutions to business problems in all functional areas.
- You will be able to help bridge your department with the IT managers
- You will help your organization align its IT with business goals
- You will participate in your department’s most important decisions to choose the best IT to serve you.
- IT Audit in Accounting is the highest paid job – an MIS minor will launch you there!
- Either way, you will benefit from the interdisciplinary knowledge.
Professions that will benefit from a Minor in MIS
- All majors will benefit from MIS Minor since Information Systems are everywhere!
- “Planes don’t fly and trucks don’t roll without IT services, ” Robert Carter, FedEx Chief Information Officer
Details about the Minor in MIS
The minor in Management Information Systems requires the following two required courses and two electives, all with a grade of "C" or better. For non-Business majors, waiver of related prerequisites will be made on a case-by-case basis. A minimum of 9 credits must be taken in residence at FAU. The acknowledgment of the minor is official upon successful completion of a degree program in FAU.ACG 4401 Accounting Information Systems
- Advanced Systems Analysis and Design
- Any two ISM courses 3000 level or above depending on your interests
You might also like
Job seeker uses billboard across from Kitchener's Google office to stand out .. — MetroNews Canada
Brumwell-worked in the information technology and project management fields in recent years for companies including Enbridge. Much of his work in the past five years has been on contract, leading him to want to seek out something more permanent.
Low-tech billboard gets high-tech attention — OurWindsor.ca
Brumwell worked in the information technology and project management fields in recent years for companies including Enbridge. Much of his work in the past five years has been on contract, leading him to want to seek out something more permanent.
A privilege to sharing the joy of music — BDlive
Now he teaches the same instrument as part of his work with Buskaid, although he dreams of starting his own project management business "with a few friends", information technology and project management being what he studied after finishing school.
Guerrilla Capacity Planning: A Tactical Approach to Planning for Highly Scalable Applications and Services
Understanding and Conducting Information Systems Auditing + Website
What are the Basic information of an effective international trade manager in exporting firm
which are the basic information you should have if you are to be an effective international trade mahager in an exporting firm?
How To Understand Medical Information Management
This is the era of information. That is why information accounting has become a very important part of many economic sectors, even medical institutions. Information accounting is not only helpful for providing data but for risk management planning, too. Luckily, there are many information businesses and information organizations that can help any medical institutions, such as hospitals, establish a knowledge management system easily.