Master Data Management podcasts
Nationwide Insurance shares master data management (MDM) best practices in this case study podcast and provides an architectural diagram.
Master data management (MDM) is a complex discipline that can take years to develop and implement. While many organizations are still investigating MDM, some organizations already have successful programs in place, as evidenced by this discussion with Lance Dacre, director of data governance for Columbus, Ohio-based Nationwide Insurance.
The insurance company first started its MDM initiative to improve the availability and comparability of financial data used for enterprise analysis and reporting. That required dealing with over 300, 000 spreadsheets. Now, having found measurable success with MDM in the finance department, the company plans to expand its program to other departments and data domains.
In this 15-minute podcast, appropriate for both business and IT professionals, listeners will:
- Hear why Nationwide pursued master data management and how the team built a business case and successfully secured funding for the project
- Learn more about Nationwide's MDM systems and technical architecture as Dacre walks listeners through a detailed architecture diagram (below)
- Find out about the technical and organizational challenges that the team encountered, and hear how they overcame them to deliver a successful program
- Hear more about how Nationwide measured the success of the MDM program, including the metrics they use to track improvements
- Get firsthand advice, best practices and cautions for successfully implementing an MDM program
About the speaker and company: Lance Dacre, director of data governance, has been with Nationwide Insurance since 2004. Nationwide, based in Columbus, Ohio, is one of the largest diversified insurance and financial services organizations in the world. The company provides insurance and financial services, including auto, motorcycle, boat, homeowners, life, farm, commercial insurance, administrative services, annuities, mortgages, mutual funds, pensions, long-term savings plans and health and productivity services.
You might also like
Mobile Data Management: Second International Conference, MDM 2001 Hong Kong, China, January 8-10, 2001 Proceedings (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
Job seeker uses billboard across from Kitchener's Google office to stand out ..
— MetroNews Canada
Brumwell-worked in the information technology and project management fields in recent years for companies including Enbridge. Much of his work in the past five years has been on contract, leading him to want to seek out something more permanent.
Low-tech billboard gets high-tech attention
Brumwell worked in the information technology and project management fields in recent years for companies including Enbridge. Much of his work in the past five years has been on contract, leading him to want to seek out something more permanent.
A privilege to sharing the joy of music
Now he teaches the same instrument as part of his work with Buskaid, although he dreams of starting his own project management business "with a few friends", information technology and project management being what he studied after finishing school.